Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Creative Journey....

So for this first post I thought I'd share how my artstic endeavors have lead me to become the artist that I am today....



I have been painting and sketching probably since I was able to hold the pencil or brush. I remember at a very young age, I would sit at the kitchen table and doodle all over my coloring books; however, it wasn’t until high school when I took my first art and photography classes that art starting to have real meaning in my life. My sophomore year of high school I took my first photography class. At that time I didn’t known what 35mm or SLR even meant. My love for photography blossomed as I learned new skills and techniques throughout my high school years. As a senior in high school I was in the most advanced photography classes, and even had the opportunity of teaching the beginners. After graduating I moved on to work for a few different local studios, and gained even more experience in the photographic world. One of my favorite photography jobs was as a sports candid photographer. I would travel to all the different high schools in the West Phoenix valley and photograph their sporting events. It was such a thrilling experience to see the energy from the different high school sports teams come to life through my cameras viewfinder. Photography has become a part of who I am. I see bits and pieces of myself reflected in everything I shoot. In my mind if I’m not photographing I’m not living. My photography is a reflection of what I perceive the world to be in the purest form, a diary of my existence.

Painting on the other hand, has been more of a hobby until recently. Painting for me is a representative visual language that’s purpose is to communicate a broader reality, and inspire understanding and connection from the art piece to viewer. My art display in depth ideals and emotion through it's expressionism and aesthetic design elements (line, color, scale, shape, form, space, and texture).
I truly believe art has the capability to change lives, and is for everyone. Through art I aim to creatively express the way I view the world, and hope to challenge individuals to thirst for a brighter future.

"To be an artist is to believe in life." - Henry Moore

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following your blog.
    Peace,
    Siggi in Downeast Maine
    http://www.Siggiofmaine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Added you to my blog-list as well, and am excited to follow your posts. Thank you for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome that you shared your creative journey. It's always nice to see the inspiration behind the creativity. I found you through Blogging Buddies. :)

    ReplyDelete